Wednesday 3 November 2010

MARILYN MINTER

This week is all about MAKE-UP, here is a great artist called Marilyn Minter, her photos are amazing, she loves bright colors, plays with sexuality and erotic images and curiously does not digitally manipulate her photographs. Her style is clearly represented in her book involving a heavy gloss, multi-colored paper making, it feels almost wet.
I got to know her because of the photos she did for M.A.C., super close-ups, with a lot of texture and lots of SHINE. But what I love the most are the "Green Pink Caviar" videos - super sexy and makes me think about all kinds of works that models do. Really crazy stuff, but amazing anyway. Check it out..


 





"I was shooting stills of models with long tongues swirling and sucking bakery products from under a pane of glass. I wanted to make enamel paintings along the idea of painting with my tongue..." - Marilyn Minter





M.A.C


 Ps: The "Green Pink Caviar" video were used as the video backdrop for the opening song in Madonna's Sticky & Sweet Tour.

No comments:

Post a Comment